BACK TO MAIN/PUBLIC WEBSITE
PETITIONING WILL, AGAIN BEGIN
SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
We will have 9 weeks after we get the petitions.
Please keep at least a few afternoons or mornings open to help petition… and let your regional coordinator know you will help. Please contact us at PassMassAmendment@gmail.com or 978 808 7173
DRIVERS, please contact us to establish your routes.
BACK to HAND IN FORMS
To develop a driving route to deliver petitions, here is what I do…
THREE PARTS to making a route book:
A. print maps of town clerk locations and make “route book”
B. CALL AND CONFIRM operating hours
C. plan your route, making sure to plan enough time in between AND FOR CLERKS TO GO TO LUNCH, and finding “back soon” notes taped to the IN THE SMALL TOWNS.
1. I put GoogleMaps on one “tab” of my browser. And this page on the other tab: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleclk/clkidx.htm
2. I copy the address of the town that I'm gonig to from the above state link.
3. I paste the address into GoogleMaps, adjust it so that GoogleMaps “recognizes” the address, and click on the address.
4. Before printing, adjust the size of the map so that it shows where it “sits” in between two major roads.
5. Hit “print” and an “empy block for text” should come up (on the upper right, on my machine)
6. I copy/paste in the phone number and the hours of the clerk from the state link above.
And then voila. That's one town. But we're not done yet. We do that for every town.
a. alphabetized them and put them in a little “booklet”, with a clip, in case I add towns
b. made up a “large size” map of the entire route, which actually isn't really necessary, since they all seems to be on main roads, or right off a main road in the center of town.
Now I have this little book now for “my route”.
But we're NOT DONE YET!
- with my route-book in hand, I call each town clerk and confirm
THEN to figure out what time I have to be where (I actually haven't done this…so this part is theoretical. Diane told me she's done it), I call each town clerk to confirm the hours they are open. And then I work the route accordingly. I have 17 in my route, plus a small (hopefully) route in Worcester. So I'm breaking mine up into two days.