TO DOWNLOAD, YOU MUST PRINT BOTH SIDES and have the SAME NUMBER OF SIGNATURE SPACE
NO OTHER MARKS ON THE PETITION FORM
* ONLY REGISTERED VOTERS: are allowed to sign.
* THE SIGNER MUST SIGN ON THE SHEET WITH THE CORRECT TOWN: The town name needs to be on the sheet, in the space provided. ONLY voters FROM THAT TOWN can sign on THAT SHEET
* THE SIGNER MUST WRITE THE STREET ADDRESS WHERE THEY ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE:
* NO OTHER MARKS ON THE PETITION FORM
* * DO NOT HIGHLIGHT, UNDERLINE OR WRITE “SEE OTHER SIDE.”
* * DO NOT PUT YOUR INITIALS OR ANY OTHER DESIGNATION ON THE SHEETS
* * DO NOT MARK WHERE YOU LEFT OFF FROM PREVIOUS SESSION
* * DO NOT SCRIBBLE ON THE FORM TO GET THE PEN STARTED
ASK THE SIGNER TO PRINT THEIR LAST NAME AFTER NAME after the signature in the signature box
* If a voter signs incorrectly or makes an error, do not erase or make changes. Leave the incorrect line intact and ask the voter to sign his or her name and address again on the next line.
* * Married females should not sign as “Mrs. John Smith.” They need to sign “their” names. Mary Smith instead. But middle initials are not required.
* * Persons with physical disabilities may authorize another individual to sign for them in the voter’s presence but one spouse may not sign for another.
* It’s helpful to ask, “hi, are you registered to vote in Massachusetts”? before asking for a signature.
* KEEP A PIECE OF PAPER CLAMPED TO ACT AS A SCRATCH PAD to scribble to get the pen started.
* KEEP CONVERSATIONS SHORT. One converted supporter is not worth the three potential signatures that walked past you. Hand a flier to people with questions, rather than engaging in long conversations.
* KEEP MULTIPLE SHEETS WITH YOU for other towns (alphabetize them) and to give to people who want to gather signatures.
PLEASE REPORT IN AT THE END OF THE DAY. DO NOT MARK THE SHEET where you left off, but use a stickie paper to indicate what you've already reported. NO TAPE (it leaves marks and will invalidate the entire sheet) ATTENTION**: SINCE THIS IS AN AMENDMENT' WE ALSO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE STATEHOUSE. ASK THE SIGNERS TO CONTACT THEIR LEGISLATORS TO ASK THEM TO ENDORSE THE AMENDMENT. WE WILL BE SUPPLYING BUSINESS CARDS WITH INFO ON THE BACK TO MAKE THIS EASIER.
ALSO, IF YOU COULD, KEEP A SEPARATE CLIPBOARD HANDY TO COLLECT EMAIL ADDRESSES for the LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERTS. THESE WILL BE USED MAYBE ONCE A MONTH. OUR INTENTION IS TO HAVE EVERYONE CALL THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ON THE SAME DAY TO INCREASE THE VOLUME OF OUR VOICES. There is an “ANNOUNCEMENT-LIST”, too, which will offer updates on the PassMassAmendment Action. If people ONLY want to be on the ACTION LIST, please indicate “Action List” next to their name.
Please call in or email in the # of NEW SIGNATURES PER TOWN you gathered since the last time you reported in. email@example.com, 978 808 7173.
sig_gathering_instructions.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/23 11:49 (external edit)